19 strange football facts which are extremely hard to believe
Football lovers are aware of the fact that the beautiful game has the ability to spring some unbelievable statistics every now and then.
There are also some interesting happenings in football which, looking back at them , were quite unique and can possibly fail to be replicated.
BOSSVIBE analyses some of the most unbelievable facts in football which revolve around statistics and unique occurrences in the game.
1. Former Bayern Munich defender Phillip Lahm once went an impressive 13 months without committing a single foul.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic have scored in every minute of a football match.
Mikel Arteta confirms Arsenal fans’ worst fears with brutal statement on club’s position
3. Chelsea have been relegated as many times as they have won the league
4. Arsenal winger Willian has more Champions League goals than Ronaldinho
5. No English football club has the letter J in its name
6. Bayern Munich have had at least one of their players in the World Cup final since 1982
7. N’golo Kante has scored more goals for France than Manchester United’s Anthony Martial
8. The most subbed-off player in Premier League history is Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs
9. Wolfsburg once had a manager named Wolfgang Wolf
10. Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman has won the league in every year he has played as a professional so far
11. Neymar won the La Liga player of the month before Lionel Messi despite arriving in Spain nine years after his counterpart
12. Switzerland became the first and only team to be eliminated from the World Cup without conceding a single goal in 2006.
13. Jose Mourinho did not win manager of the month in his first 2 Premier League title-winning campaigns
Luis Suarez to miss titan clash against old friend Messi after testing positive for COVID-19
14. Southampton winger Theo Walcott has more champions League goals than Brazilian Ronaldo, Zidane and David Villa
15. Spain scored just 8 goals en route to winning the World Cup in 2010
16. Jose Mourinho has a nine-year unbeaten home record stretching from March 16, 2002 to an April 2, 2011
17. Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have collectively scored just one goal in 16 games where they have faced Ashley Cole
18. Zlatan Ibrahimovic has played for six clubs which have won the Champions League but is yet to clinch the trophy himself
19. Sergio Ramos has played with both Zinedine Zidane and Zidane’s son at Real Madrid