5 Transfers Chelsea Could Complete Before Their Opening EPL Game
Despite the paucity of transfer activity so far this summer, it is believed that Roman Abramovich and the Chelsea board of directors have a few plans up their sleeves. The new season of 2021/22 is rapidly coming. Chelsea, on the other hand, has yet to make a move in the summer transfer window. Following the Blues’ Champions League victory over Manchester City last season, there is a lot of excitement surrounding Thomas Tuchel’s team heading into the new season. And there’s a strong possibility they’ll be City’s main rivals for the Premier League title when the new season begins in two weeks. Chelsea fans, on the other hand, will be looking at some fresh faces that their club can add to the squad in order to boost their depth ahead of the big game.
Below are five players Chelsea could sign before the season kicks off on August 14 against London rivals Crystal Palace.
1. Erling Haaland: The Blues have been prominently linked with Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland. Thomas Tuchel is keen on bringing a high-scoring striker to Stamford Bridge ahead of the new season, and Haaland is his top priority. Dortmund, on the other hand, are hesitant to allow one of their finest signings leave after such a successful period with the club. Chelsea may be able to raise £112 million to complete the transaction, which would be a big show of commitment.
2. Saul Niguez: Saul Niguez could potentially be on the west London side’s radar. According to reports, Thomas Tuchel has expressed an interest in the 26-year-old, and the Blues have made contact with his representatives. Guez will be free to leave Atletico Madrid this summer, and Chelsea is eager to be first in line to sign him. The midfielder is extremely adaptable and versatile, which might be beneficial to Tuchel’s Chelsea. Niguez’s quick acceleration, muscular frame, and physical presence are just a few of his standout features.
3. Declan Rice: It has been reported that the Blues have been monitoring Declan Rice’s potential transfer to Chelsea since last summer’s transfer window, with Thomas Tuchel in particular interested in bringing the 22-year-old in to bolster his midfield options. Rice is valued at roughly £60-£70 million by Chelsea, but West Ham is adamant about keeping the Euro 2020 finalist. The bargain, though, maybe too good for the London competitors to pass up. Despite West Ham’s lack of interest, the Blues will not be afraid to make a move for the teenager. Tuchel would have a decent alternative midfield option in the feisty and tenacious midfielder.
4. Miralem Pjani: Chelsea is mulling a loan bid for Barcelona midfielder Miralem Pjani. After joining Barcelona from Juventus 12 months ago, the 31-year-old has struggled at the club. Despite the midfielder’s failed spell at the Spanish giants, Thomas Tuchel could be viewing this as a possible loan move. As a backup in the midfield, Pjani might give extra help and cover for the Blues.
5. Niklas Sule: Thomas Tuchel is looking to bolster his defense for the upcoming season, and Niklas Sule could be the man to help. The 25-year-old has been extensively linked with a move to Chelsea, and talks between Bayern Munich and Chelsea are said to be ongoing. Sule made 16 Bundesliga starts last season, but his manager was not happy with his fitness; yet, his powerful passing, blocking, and crossing skills may be of special interest to Thomas Tuchel as he looks to bolster his squad for the 2021/22 season.
Chelsea fans will be hoping to see some of these acquisitions because the summer transfer window has been devoid of interesting transfer activity. After winning the Champions League last season, Blues fans will be hoping to see some new faces on the first day of the season when the West London club hosts Crystal Palace at home.
Kindly share your opinion on the players mentioned.
Will they be a good fit for Chelsea?