I almost drank snipper: UNN Student Breaks Silence After She Was Reportedy Expelled
A female student who made the news days ago as her twerking video went viral has come to speak about the issue.
A student of the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN), Obi Mirabel has broken her silence after the dean threatened to expel her for dancing half-naked during an event at the school.
Obi Mirabel, a 100 level student from the Department of Medical Laboratory Science (MLS), had gone viral on social media after she was seen in a video removing her clothes while twerking half-naked at Akpabio hostel.
It was gathered that the first-year student won the sum of N30,000 which was awarded to the best dancer of the dancing competition.
However, the UNN dean of students was seen in a viral video ordering for her prosecution and expulsion from the school over her indecent actions.
On Friday, October 29, the UNN dean of students, Professor Edwin Ogechukwu Omeje, also issued a statement on the actions to be meted on Obi Mirabel.
UNN Student, Obi Mirable Speaks On Her Dancing Video
Mirable clarified that she was never expelled from the school.
The student, however, revealed that she has only been facing some sorts of intimidation by the authorities who felt her action dragged the name of the school in the mud.
Mirable, who also clarified that the competition was for N30k and not N10k as widely reported, said she participated in a competition with other females like herself, noting that her academics had nothing to do with her dancing skills.
She wrote on her INSTAGRAM PAGE: “It is no news that a female UNN student was expelled from UNN after supposedly stripping to win 10k in a dance competition.
“Well, I am that student. Normally I would let this slide because I am not clout chasing and I owe no one an explanation, but, am tired of seeing different fake news on the story and at this moment, I feel it is pertinent to address this issue publicly. This is the real story behind it all.
My name is Mirabel, a medical student of UNN. On the 28th, October 2021, there was an awareness for a concert in the school. Awareness is what people do almost everytime and what comes with it is usually a dance competition and that day, we were competing for 30k. I happened to be one of the contenders.
“I have watched a lot of girls compete in the past and what they wore was nothing better than mine. It was equivalent to what I wore and sometimes worse, because after all, we feel we are dancing in front of our fellow females, but then I feel the amount I made was the reason for the video going viral.
“The Dean of Student Affairs got hold of the video and I really do not know what they told him about me that made him rage in so much anger and also to make the decision to expel me.
“Here are the points am trying to make.
1. I am not and was never expelled because we all know that you cannot expel a student on the ground of twerking.
2. We were all dancing in front of the girls hostel, and there was never a place that twerking is violating the school rules and regulations.
3. Twerking has nothing to with my academics because you can’t even make it to be a medical student in UNN without crossing 300 and above in ur JAMB. I am still very serious and I know how to balance my social/academic life.
4. It was never a competition for 10k. It was 30k.
5. I wasn’t expelled, I repeat I was only harrassed without being heard from (the authorities in question badged into my hostel and ransacked my properties).
6. Ever since then, I have faced so much humiliation, I don’t even know how to come out anymore, I keep wondering if it was really worth it. A lot of my properties have been damaged and some are nowhere to be found like how do you invade someone’s privacy.”