News

Woman dies of electric shock while charging

Written by Bossvibe
Woman dies of electric shock while charging

Woman dies of electric shock while charging

A Russian woman has died of electric shock after her smartphone fell in the bath while she was charging it.

Office worker Anastasia Scherbinina, 25, who had previously worked as an aide to the local MP, was taking a bath when she was electrocuted at her home in Novosibirsk, reports say.

READ: Guest battles with sleep at Bola Tinubu’s conference (videos)

“She took a bath before going to sleep, and had her smartphone with her,” said a report citing law enforcement.

 

“It was almost out of charge, so she used a power cable, so as not to be apart with the smartphone even when taking a bath.

 

“She dropped the phone and was electrocuted.

 

“She died instantly.”

 

Police are understood to be investigating the circumstances of her death.

The tragedy follows warnings from the Russian authorities and police following a succession of deaths from electric shock by young people using phones in baths.

About the author

Bossvibe

1 Comment

Leave a Comment

close
  • Make N2000 Daily Register Today